1. How is IIIT-D different from other IIITs in the country?
IIIT Delhi is a state university created by an Act of Legislative Assembly of the Government of Delhi and is a self-sustaining Institute as far as the financial model is concerned. The other IIITs can be broadly divided into two types : (I) created by the Acts of Parliament under the ambit of the MHRD, Govt of India, these can further be classified into two types (a) fully funded by the Government of India, like IIIT Gwalior, IIIT Raibareilly, etc. (b) a public-private partnership model, lIIITs in all states (like IIIT Una, IIIT Lucknow, etc.), and (II) privately owned and funded like IIIT Hyderabad, etc. For details please visit here
2. What is the role of IBM?
IBM is running a major initiative in spreading the knowledge of new technologies and increasing availability of skilled manpower across sectors. IBM also is on the leading edge of research in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. For this program IBM will provide experienced practicing managers to conduct some sessions, use of IBM open source technology resources and mentoring of the candidates.
3. Will I be limited to learning IBM technologies in this program?
This is a general program on Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. You will mainly use open source technologies on IBM platform.
4. After enrolling in this program will I get an email Id with IIITD domain?
Yes, you will get an email ID with IIITD domain.
5. Is hostel facility available to students?
No, there are no hostel facilities for this program. Online classes under this program are held only of Saturdays and one Sunday a month, so hostel facility is not necessary.
1. I am already an IT professional and working in an IT company. How will I benefit from this program?
As per research, AI & DS is one of the fastest growing fields today and expected to grow even faster in the future. These sought after skills will ensure multiple opportunities in the job market and will command a premium over most other jobs. By completing this program student can get a head start in their careers and working professionals can reskill themselves to rejuvenate their careers and cater to the needs of the future.
2. How will I benefit from this course, I have just completed my degree program in IT and my course curriculum already covers basics of AI and Data this program?
This program is an in-depth program in these technologies. With content driven inputs like a project completion, exposure to talks by industry leaders and case studies you will be better equipped to take up strategic and therefore higher paid roles in reputed organizations.
3. I am not from IT domain; can I gain from this program?
The need for AI and Data Science is getting spread across all domains like Manufacturing, BFSI, Pharma, Bio Technology and IT to name a few. Professionals with domain knowledge of almost any industry would do well to add this skill to be more effective in deploying these technologies. We believe domain experts with this skill would be preferred over pure IT professionals.
The eligibility requirements of the course are Bachelor's / Master's degree in Computer Science / Maths/ Engineering / Science / Statistics/ Economics with at least
-One Computer Programming course
-Two Mathematics courses
1. How do I apply for this program?
2. Which documents are to be submitted with the application?
No document is required to be submitted with the online application form. All the candidates meeting the eligibility criteria may just fill the application form. However, the candidate has to present the original as well as attested copy of the documents on day of the interview. The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents, till then the admission is provisional.
3. What kind of a test will be administered for admission?
There is no test for evaluating your suitability for admission. Shortlisting will be done on the basis of your qualification and experience, followed by an online interview. However, IIIT as an autonomous institute reserves the rights of revisit the mode of selection.
4. Will the admission interview be online or offline, face to face?
The admission interview will be conducted online.
5. Do I need to have a minimum number of years of experience to get admission?
You can have any number of years of experience, it does not matter, in fact, even fresh graduates can apply.
6. I am a graduate in Humanities, can I apply for admission to this program?
If you have done two courses in mathematics in your graduation or otherwise and at least one computer course in addition to your graduation, you can apply.
1. Can I get a scholarship?
There are no scholarships under this program.
2. Are there any discounts on the course fees?
3. Can I pay the fees in instalments?
Yes fees can be paid semester vise, 50% in first semester, 25% in second and third semester.
1. If I miss a class are there any recordings available online to catch up or any extra classes?
2. Will some courseware be issued to me?
LMS will be used for dissemination of soft materials.
3. What are technologies I will be using during the program?
Google classroom, Piazza.
4. Will I get access to a learning management system on the cloud?
5. Can I request for extra meeting time from faculty for any academic discussion?
There is a teaching Assistant for thirty students who can be contacted. This needs to be checked with them
6. If I have to discontinue the program for any reason, can I rejoin the next program?
Could be possible, under special circumstances, at the discretion of the institute.
7. If I do not pass the overall evaluation, what are my options to try again and complete the program?
As per the IIITD policy all courses are mandatory and students are given a chance to appear for the course exams in the subsequent trimesters.
1. Will there be an exam for each topic? Or for a trimester? Or one at the end of the course?
Exams will be conducted after every trimester.
2. Will my assessment include scoring of marks?
3. Is there a minimum attendance requirement for successfully completing this program?
Yes, Each course will have its own attendance requirements decided by the instructors.
1. Will I get support in placement?
IIITD will assist in providing ample placement opportunities to those students who are eligible & have registered for the same. The sponsored candidates are not eligible to register for placements & will be required to go back to their respective organizations. The students enrolled under PG diploma course will not be eligible to participate in the regular campus placements along with those students enrolled under UG & PG BTech, MTech PhD degree programs of the university .
2. Will IIITD guarantee a job to me?
The institute can provided ample number of opportunities but No institute can guarantee a job to any candidate.